Abdulsamad Rabiu Biography & Net Worth
|Real Name:||Abdul Samad Isyaku Rabiu CON|
|Also Known As||Abdulsamad Rabiu|
|Net Worth||$3.7 billion|
|Date of Birth:||August 4, 1960|
|State of Origin||Kano State|
|Birth Place||Kano State|
Abdul Samad Isyaku Rabiu CON (born 4 August 1960 in Kano, Nigeria) is a Nigerian businessman and the founder and chairman of BUA Group, a Nigerian conglomerate concentrating on manufacturing, infrastructure, and agriculture and producing revenue in excess of $2.5 billion. He is also the chairman of the Nigerian Bank of Industry (BOI).
His late father, Khalifah Isyaku Rabiu, was one of Nigeria’s foremost industrialists in the 1970s and 1980s.
Abdul Samad Rabiu was born in Kano in the north-western part of Nigeria, where he obtained his early education. He next attended Capital University in Columbus, Ohio, and returned to Nigeria at the age of 24 to oversee the family business.
This was when his father, Isyaku Rabiu, was being detained by the administration of General Muhammadu Buhari for allegedly not paying rice import duties.
- Abdulsamad Rabiu is the founder of BUA Group, a Nigerian conglomerate active in cement production, sugar refining, and real estate.
- In early January 2020, Rabiu merged his privately-owned Obu Cement company with the listed firm Cement Co. of Northern Nigeria, which he controlled.
- The combined firm, called BUA Cement Plc, trades on the Nigerian stock exchange; Rabiu owns 98.5% of it.
- Rabiu, the son of a businessman, inherited land from his father.
- He set up his own business in 1988 importing iron, steel, and chemicals.
Abdulsamad Rabiu Net Worth
Abdulsamad Rabiu is the founder of BUA Group, a Nigerian conglomerate active in cement production, sugar refining, and real estate with an estimated net worth of $3.7, according to Forbes.