Ebube Nwagbo Biography & Net Worth
Ebube Nwagbo is one actress lovers of Nollywood cannot miss. The pretty actress has been acting for over a decade and remains one of the most sought after Nollywood actresses in Nigeria. She is more known in the terrain of English/Igbo Nollywood movies and seen as a very beautiful actress who knows her onions in the movie industry.
The beautiful actress, beyond movies and acting, is a distinguished entrepreneur who is steadily building her brand using her business strong business acumen.
Ebube Nwagbo Biography
Oluebube Nwagbo (born on February 24, 1983) more commonly known as Ebube Nwagbo is a Nigerian actress, mogulette, entrepreneur, creative director and movie producer from Imo State, South East, Nigeria. She was born in Warri, Delta State where she also grew up. Ebube was born into a family of six and she is the eldest of the children. She studied Mass Communication at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, in Anambra and started her acting career at the age of 20.
Ebube Nwagbo began her academic pursuit at Warri, where she finished her primary and secondary education. She studied and obtained a National Diploma (OND) in Mass Communication from the Federal Polytechnic Oko and later enrolled at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University where she majored and graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication.
Nwagbo’s journey into acting started in 2003 at the age of 20 with the movies Arrested by Love, Eyes of the Nun and Before my Eyes. The actress’s brilliant roles in the aforementioned movies, as generally believed, played influential roles in launching her into the limelight.
Interestingly, Ebube was still in school when she started shuffling between school and her work as an actress. At that time also, she took up the responsibility of fending for her family.
In the movie titled Widow’s Cult, produced in 2003, the actress was paid a huge sum of N7 million to shave off her hair. Today, it is said that the young actress is paid between 2 to 3 million Nigerian Naira to appear in a movie.
Ebube Nwagbo is unmarried presently even though she has featured countlessly in movies where she played the bride. The talented actress is presently not engaged and patiently waiting for her prince charming.
Over the years, Ebube Nwagbo has been rumoured to have dated Nigerian celebrities like Kanu Nwankwo, Ogbonna Kanu, Emmanuel Emenike and even the popular pop singer Kcee. Her relationships with the aforementioned stars all ended in disappointment.
According to the actress, her marriage would take place any time soon as she is not in a hurry to tie the knot because she would want to make the right decision.
In 2014, Ebube in an interview stated that she was scared of getting married. Excerpts of her interview below:
Yes, I am still single. The reason is that I am someone who has always believed in love. It is a big deal to me so if I have to do it, it has to be right. I am a strong believer of love. I get lots of proposals; it is so crazy I do not know who to give a chance to. I think it is a price I have to pay for stardom. Sometimes when anybody comes my way, I do not know who wants to be with me for the right reasons. I believe when that day comes, I will definitely figure out who that person is. It is not easy. What I should be talking about is not relationship but marriage. I want to go into marriage and be in it for ever. No one goes into marriage thinking of divorce, but it happens. We try our best. I think I am kind of scared, but I just have to give it a try whether I like it or not. It just has to happen and happen right; at the right time.
Ebube Nwagbo Fun Facts
1. Ebube Nwagbo is not only a good actress, she is also very active on social media. Her nickname on Instagram is Poshesteb.
2. She has appeared in over 140 Nigerian movies, including Power of Trust, Against My Blood, Ojuju Calabar, Widow’s Cult, The Illiterate Wife, Royal Palace, Before My Eyes, Eyes of the Nun, Mama, Arrested by Love, I Will Die for You, Not Yours, among others.
3. Over the course of her acting career, Ebube Nwagbo has sunk several Nigerian actresses to win several awards like the Best Actress in a Leading Role (Africa Movie Academy Awards), the ‘Stylish Female Entertainer’ awards (2015 Glam & Essence Style Awards), Most Promising Actress in Nigeria at the City (People Entertainment Awards), the Best Actress of the Year (Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards), and the Best Actress in a Leading Role (Best of Nollywood Awards).
4. Nwagbo, who is seen as one of the influential actresses in Nigeria, reportedly has a mansion in Ajah, Lagos. She started the building sometime in 2016 and recently completed it, as shared by her best friend actress Onyi Alex via Insta story.
5. Sometime in 2015, the actress was dragged to the spotlight after she shared a picture of her and Barcelona superstar, Lionel Messi, smiling together. Nwagbo had uploaded the picture as “flashback” but her fans, in turn, accused her of “begging” Messi for the selfie, claiming that she and most celebrities often turn down requests for selfie by Nigerians. In reply, she slammed them for acting foolishly on her page.
6. Admired for her fashion sense, the actress recently took to bleaching and was criticized by most of her fans who insisted that her original skin complexion looked better.
7. The actress admitted in a 2014 interview that she is scared of marriage.
Ebube Nwagbo Net Worth
Ebube Nwagbo is a Nigerian actress, mogulette, entrepreneur, creative director and movie producer with an estimated net worth of N200 million.