12 Fun Facts about Obinwanne Okeke aka Invictus Obi
Obinwanne Okeke aka Invictus Obi is the founder of Invictus Group, a multifaceted investment company which deals in real estate, construction, oil and gas, renewable energy and agriculture.
He was listed by Forbes as one of the ’30 Entrepreneurs Under 30 to Watch’ in 2016 while his company was named ‘Africa’s Most Innovative Investment Company of the Year’ by African Brand Congress. He was nominated as one of ‘100 Most Influential Young Nigerians’ by Avance Media in 2018. Obinwanne Okeke was arrested in the United States on August 16, 2019, by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) over a wire fraud valued at $12 million. You can read Obinwanne Okeke aka Invictus Obi biography here.
Below is a list of fun facts about Obinwanne Okeke aka Invictus Obi.
- Obinwanne Okeke is the founder and the Executive Chairman of Invictus Group.
- He holds a Bachelor Degree in International Studies & Forensic Criminology and a Masters of International Relations and Counter-Terrorism Studies (with distinction), from Monash University in Australia.
- He has been extensively involved in sourcing, structuring, implementing and monitoring various private equity investments in African and Australian markets and has over 10 years of investment experience.
- He has received several leadership honorary awards from local as well as international organizations and has been recognized by Forbes as one of the 30 entrepreneurs under 30 to watch.
- He was listed on Forbes 100 Most Influential Young Africans in 2018.
- Okeke named his company, Invictus, after one of Nelson Mandela’s favourite poems, written by William Ernest Henley, which talks about the undefeated and unconquerable soul of a hard worker, from an impoverished background.
- In 2017, Okeke was nominated in the Young African Business Leader (West Africa) category for the All Africa Business Leaders Awards ( AABLA).
- Not only was Invictus Obi on Forbes 30 Under 30, but he’s also been on BBC, given a TED Talk, spoke at London School of Economics Africa Summit, was nominated for “Young African Business Leader” at The AABLA Awards, & was a contributor for Forbes.
- Obinwanne Okeke, during his Ted Talk in Lagos, inspired youths that they could be a successful young entrepreneur like him.
- He spearheaded inter alia the Literacy Africa project which saw 100 000 (one hundred thousand) books being donated to children in across the African continent in underprivileged schools.
- He was arrested on the 16th of August, 2019 in the United States by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for a wire fraud running into $12 million, approximately N4,364,400,000.
- His wife reportedly put to bed recently before his arrest.