How To Apply for Prepaid Meter in Lagos
Have you ever wondered how to apply for a prepaid meter in Lagos? If yes, then look no further as this is the post for you! Prepaid meters is not in any way new in Nigeria. Despite the fact that it is has been around a while, it is not entirely found in every home, compound or street in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, it is only found some areas and streets, based on demand.
We all know for a fact that prepaid meters won’t solve the present electricity issue in the country. However, it is more advisable to have one in your home for many reasons. For instance, it will save you the stress of constant bickering over whether or not you are cheated as opposed to what is obtainable with fixed tariffs, whether or not there is power supply. Before you focus on the steps and how to apply for a prepaid meter in Lagos, it is best to know the benefits that come with having one in your apartment or home.
Benefits of Installing Prepaid Meters
Even if you live in a flat, or you own a house as a landlord, or for rent, there are benefits of using a PHCN prepaid electricity meter rather than the billed electricity. These benefits include:
- You won’t be billed monthly but you pay as you use. This means that you will not get billed the normal way it used to be, instead, you will be able to buy prepaid electricity online using your debit/credit card via quickteller.
- No more false reading of meter as it was done in the past. Imagine in the past when those NEPA officials come to take readings from your old meters, most of them read falsely thereby charging you high, due to the pay as you go electric meter, that won’t be possible again.
- You get to know how you use energy so you can budget better. With the help of PHCN prepaid meter in Lagos, you can monitor your level of power consumption better, save energy and use electricity more efficiently.
- You won’t be paying disconnection or reconnection fees.
- You can now recharge your PHCN prepaid meter online or at the bank or the NEPA office easily without hassles.
How to apply for Prepaid Meter in Lagos
These few and easy steps will guide you in getting your own pre-paid meter in Lagos without much struggle. It is quite free and open to all customers.
- Visit the Electric Distribution Company nearest to you and obtain the form that would be issued to you by the Electric Sales Representative/department (ERS).
- Fill the form with valid and correct information.
- Submit the form and get your meter installed within the range of 45 days at your residence.
- After installation, the customer should visit the Electric business unit for Vending and reconciliation of account, this is very important.
- As a customer, you are expected to separate load/lines before the meter is installed.
***Please note that the installation of the meter is “FREE”. If you require more information about the meter, contact the Ikeja Electric customer care on the following numbers: 070002255453, 01-7000250, 01-4483900.