Ini Edo Biography & Net Worth
Ini Edo is no doubt beautiful and talented. She is one of Nollywood’s favourite and some point and still remains graceful despite taking a break which seems like forever. She is not only beautiful facially, but her physique is also something that has come to be the main feature when she comes to mind.
Regarded as one of the best actresses of Nollywood, some of us know Ini Edo for her first movie “thick madam,” but there’s a lot behind this glamorous face that you still don’t know. Some of the things you are about to discover about this actress are inspirational, but others are plainly human. And like we all know, it is human to err; so don’t judge. Just learn something from her story.
With that in mind, we can now roll the curtain…
Ini Edo Biography
Ini Edo, born Inobong Edo (born 23 April 1982) is a popular Nigerian, award-winning actress born in Akwa Ibom State. She is from the Ibibio ethnic group. Her mother was a teacher, and her father a church elder. She had a strict upbringing, the second of four children, three girls, one boy. She attended Cornelius Connely College in Uyo. She graduated from the University of Uyo where she got a Diploma in Theatre Arts. She also completed her bachelor’s degree program at the University of Calabar where she studied English. In 2014 she got a scholarship to study law at the National Open University of Nigeria.
You might confuse this pretty face with a daughter of a Nigerian Tycoon, but that’s not the case. The truth is; Ini Edo understands the trouble that every young Nigerian woman from a humble background goes through. She knows how it feels to sell coconuts to pay your fees or buy yourself Christmas clothes. And she does know all these by experience because that’s exactly what she used to do while growing up.
Growing up she was the most stubborn child in her family, even though her parents positioned a close eye on her just to ensure that she didn’t lose direction.
Ini Edo never had plans of getting into the film industry. However, Ini Edo began her acting career in 2003 when she starred in ‘Thick Madam’. The movie ‘World Apart’ was what brought her to the limelight. Since her major breakthrough, the actress has featured in over 150 movies. she is one of the highest-profile actresses in Nigeria and Africa in general.
Ini Edo was very much around at the time the likes of Rita Dominic, Ramsey Nouah, Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde, Genevieve Nnaji, Emeke Ike, Kate Henshaw, and Desmond Elliot took center stage in the movie industry and co-starred with most of them.
Ini Edo was appointed as the Special Assistant to the Akwa Ibom State Governor on Culture And Tourism by Udom Gabriel Emmanuel in 2016 and is currently holding the office till date.
Ini Edo was marriage to US Based Nigerian Businessman, Phillip Ehiagwina in 2008. The couple got married in a church wedding in Nigeria and in February the following year, the wedding was repeated in Houston, Texas, where the husband resided. Unfortunately, the marriage crashed in 2014, six years later, and the former Mrs. Ehiagwina cited “irreconcilable differences” as the major reason for her divorce and denied claims that she had cheated on her husband. However, Ini Edo was reportedly accused by close associates of Phillip, her ex-husband for cheating on him with several men on several occasions, claiming she was caught repeatedly, leading to the crash of the marriage.
Ini Edo was rumored to have snatched her husband from Ruth Okoro who was formerly married to Phillip Ehiagwina.
She remains unmarried to date.
Ini Edo: Plastic Surgery?
Rumour mills claimed Ini Edo underwent surgery to enhance her physique. Ini Edo reportedly had a little sculpting to make her hips look rounder. She also reportedly had a boob job and a Brazilian butt lift. Despite the accusations, the curvaceous has never come out to deny the allegation.
Ini Edo Fun Facts
- Ini Edo loves clubbing. And she is not afraid to say it. Contrary to what most people would expect from a married woman, Ini Edo loves hanging out with friends and, hell yeah, shaking what her mama gave her… She is quick to point out that she doesn’t go clubbing every day, but anytime she gets a chance, her bed—maybe her husband’s—spends a night without her.
- She has played the lead role in over 60 Nollywood movies…She might have acted her first movie in 2003, but so far; the actor has more than 60 movies with her name inscribed on them. She has gradually been climbing the ladder of success to become one of the most revered and most-loved stars from Nollywood. Other than acting, the actor has been seen doing charitable works by assisting the less fortunate in the society.
- She was appointed by the United Nations Habitat as a youth ambassador. Alongside Ramsey Nouah and another star from Bollywood, Vikram Vinod, Ini Edo was appointed by the executive director of the new United Nations Habitat Youth Envoys as a youth ambassador in 2011. According to the director, the appointed stars were supposed to participate in urban issues and, at the same time, help the UN body improve the lives of youths all over the world.
- She was featured as a judge in the 2013 Miss Black Beauty pageant in the UK. In 2013, this world-renowned Nollywood star was announced as one of the judges in the 2013 Miss Black UK Beauty pageant. Others on the list included Jones Adebayo, Sporah Njau, Charles Ven, Justina Mutale, and Jenni Steele.
- Ini Edo was appointed as the Special Assistant to the Akwa Ibom State Governor on Culture And Tourism by Udom Gabriel Emmanuel in 2016 and is currently holding office to date.
- Ini Edo does not have kids of her own.
Ini Edo Net Worth
Ini Edo is a Nigerian movie producer and one of Nigeria’s most sought after actresses with an estimated net worth of N500 million.