Isiaka Gboyega Oyetola Biography & Net Worth
|Real Name:||Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola|
|Also Known As||Isiaka Oyetola|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Date of Birth:||September 29, 1954|
|State of Origin||Osun State|
|Birth Place||Iragbiji, Osun State|
Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola is a Nigerian politician and the present Governor of Osun State who was born in Iragbiji in Boripe LGA of Osun State on 29 September 1954. He contested the Osun State gubernatorial candidate on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the September 22, 2018, gubernatorial election and he won.
On March 23, 2019, Tribunal declared him to have not been legally returned and orders INEC to issue certificates of return to Senator Adeleke of the PDP which is expected to be contested at the Court of Appeal. Prior to his winning the election, he was the Chief of Staff to Rauf Aregbesola, his predecessor.
Oyetola, a man of many parts with vast experience in politics, finance management, business and public administration, has deep conviction and a religious devout who has progressed in his endeavours by the grace of God, dint of hard work and uncompromising stand on integrity.
He has been described by many within and outside the government circle as a major pillar behind The Ogbeni Aregbesola administration. For his cool and calm demeanour and the wisdom with which he has handled staff relations both the political and civil servants, other sensitive matters of the state.
Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola Biography
Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola was born in Iragbiji, Boripe Local Government Area of Osun. He attended Ifeoluwa Grammar School in Osogbo for his secondary school education which he completed in 1972. He proceeded to the prestigious University of Lagos where he bagged a Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Insurance in 1978. Oyetola capped his illustrious education pedigree with a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in 1990 at the same University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos. He had his mandatory one year National Youth Service between 1978 and 1979, at Potiskum, in the present-day Yobe State, where he lectured at the Staff Training Centre.
In 1980, Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola joined Leadway Assurance Company Limited as Area Manager and worked there till 1987. He took another step by taking his expertise to Crusader Insurance Company Limited as Underwriting Manager between 1987 and 1990. He moved again in 1990 to Alliance and General Insurance as Technical Controller and served in that capacity until 1991.
However, Oyetola took a giant step in 1991 by establishing his own Company, Silvertrust Insurance Brokers Limited. He was the Managing Director since its founding until his appointment as Chief of Staff in 2011.
His other forays in business include Executive Vice-Chairman, Paragon Group of Companies which has interest in Oil and Gas, Mining and Real Estate from 2005 until 2011. He was also Chairman of Ebony Properties Limited. He had been a Director of Pyramid Securities Limited, until 2011, among other business interests, before his appointment as Chief of Staff.
Oyetola is a pronounced Technocrat as well as a progressive politician. He was a founding member of Alliance for Democracy (AD) in the state of Osun and has been a chieftain of the party through its metamorphosis to Action Congress (AC), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and now All Progressives Congress (APC). Also, he has assisted the party nationally, particularly in the State of Osun.
Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola is an effective grassroots mobiliser. He’s a philanthropist of note, many of his gestures are geared towards empowerment through sponsorship of students for university education, without sounding immodest, over 400 persons have been touched via this initiative in the last 25 years.
Isiaka Adegboyega Oyetola Awards of Excellence
- Distinguished Merit Award by his alma mater, Ifeoluwa Grammar School, Osogbo, February 2014;
- The Guardian Award for Exceptional Chief of Staff in the Federation 2017;
- Distinguished Award of Excellence in Public Administration by Nigeria Union of Journalists, Osun State Council, August 2015;
- Leadership Award for Outstanding Performance by the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Osogbo Branch, March 2016;
- Award of Excellence by Osun State University, College of Law, Ifetedo, January 2016;
- Award of Excellence as ICON of Good Governance by Network of Non-Governmental Organisation (NETNOS) State of Osun Branch. November 2017;
- Award for Exemplary and Exceptional Support and Fellow of Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke, January 2017;
- Grand Patron of the Local Government Chapel of Osun State NUJ, November 2016;
- Leadership Award by International Association of Lions Club, District 404B2, Nigeria, February 2016;
- NAOSS-NHQ Award of Excellence in Administration and Good Governance, May 2016;
- Award of Excellence in Public Administration by Rotary Club of Osogbo, Rotary International, July 2016;
- Meritorious Award by NAOSS, Obafemi Awolowo University Chapter, February 2017;
- African Students Union Parliament (ASUP), Pan-African Distinguished Leadership Honour as Icon of Nation Building in Nigeria 2018.