Olusegun Obasanjo Biography & Net Worth
|Real Name:||Olusegun Matthew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo|
|Nickname||Ebora Owu, Baba Iyabo, OBJ, Baba|
|Net Worth||$1.6 billion|
|Date of Birth:||March 5, 1937|
|Birth Place||Ibogun-Olaogun, Ogun State|
|State of Origin||Ogun State|
|Positions||5th & 12th President of Nigeria|
Olusegun Matthew Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo fondly referred to as Obasanjo, Olusegun Obasanjo, OBJ or Baba Iyabo is a Nigerian politician who served as a military leader from 1976 to 1979 and then as a democratic president from 1999 to 2007, making one of the very few most reverred Nigerian politicians who served in both the military and civilian dispensation.
There is no official documentation such as a birth certificate to prove Obasanjo was born in the year he claimed to be born in. However, his international passport states that he was born on March 5, 1937. Obasanjo no longer participates in active politics but he remains influential and he is one of Nigeria’s most influential politicians in today’s Nigeria.
How many wives does Obasanjo have
Obasanjo has been married four times. He married his first wife, Oluremi Akinlawon in in London in 1963. Oluremi gave birth to Iyabo (in 1976) whom many would come to regard Obasanjo as, even today. Unfortunately, Obasanjo and Oluremi divorced in mid 1970s as a result of Oluremi not being comfortable with Obasanjo being around many women. Obasanjo then began a common-law relationship with NTA reporter Gold Oruh who bore him two children.
Obasanjo married his second wife, Stella Abebe in 1976, while he went on a visit to London and she bore him three children. His other partners include Lynda Soares who was murdered by car thieves in 1986 and Stella Obasanjo who was more popularly known with the dogged “Ebora Owu”. Sadly, Stella Obasanjo died as a First Lady during a cosmetic plastic surgery (tummy tuck or abdminoplasty) in Spain. He was largely private about his relationships with these women.
How many children does Obasanjo have?
Olusegun Obasanjo has twenty (20) children whose names are: Iyabo, Busola, Segun, Bola, Adeboye, Kofo, Gbenga, Biyi, Seun, Juwon, Bisoye, Dayo, Olu, Dare, Funke, Damilola, Funso, Toyosi, Bukola, and Kunle. Aedeboye Obasanjo died as a Lieutenant-Colonel in the Nigeria Army. Some of his children were resentful that he gave them no special privileges and treated their mothers poorly.
Olusegun Obasanjo Net Worth
Olusegun Obasanjo is a Nigerian politician who was the 5th & 12th President of Nigeria and has an estimated net worth of $1.6 billion. Obasanjo owns “Otta Farm”, the largest chicken poultry in West Africa. He is one of the most influential and richest politicians in Nigeria.
Olusegun Obasanjo Fun Facts
- Obasanjo was born in Ibogun-Olaogun, in Ogun State.
- There are no known records of Obasanjo’s birthdate anywhere in the world. His date of birth is estimated as being March 5, 1937 and he uses the same on his international passport.
- Obasanjo is polygamous and had 4 wives who bore him 20 children.
- Some of his children resent him because he treated their mothers poorly and he did not give them any special privileges.
- He is the first of nine children.
- Obasanjo and his sister, Adunni Oluwole Obasanjo are the only children from the nine that survived childhood.
- His father was Amos Adigun Obaluayesanjo “Obasanjo” Bankole and his mother was Bernice Ashabi Bankole.
- The “Obasanjo” he is known as today was almost like a nickname from his father’s surname “Obaluayesanjo” which somehow stuck.
- He was born into a farming family in the Owu branch, which explains why he loves farming.
- Obasanjo enlisted in the Nigerian Army on March 9, 1958.
- Although Obasanjo was born into a Christian family of the Baptist denomination, it wasn’t until 1995 that he was arrested by Abacha’s regime that he became a born-again Christian.
- Obasanjo is Nigeria’s first democratic president in the fourth republic.
- He owns the largest poultry farm in West Africa and has nearly 3,000 employees on his farms, in Ota.