Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Biography & Net Worth
|Real Name:||Omotola Jalade Ekeinde|
|Also Known As||Omotee, Omosexy, Omotola|
|Net Worth||$400 million|
|Date of Birth:||February 7, 1978|
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a talented and prominent Nigerian actress. She is one of the leading Nigerian actors as well as one of the most followed and respected actresses in Africa. She was honoured in Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2013.
Besides gracing covers of magazines and billboards, Omotola is a passionate activist, entrepreneur, and family woman.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Biography
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde MFR (born Omotola Jalade, 7 February 1978), nicknamed ‘Omosexy‘ is a Nigerian actress, singer, philanthropist, and former model. Omotola, who is of Ondo descent, was born in Lagos State. She grew up in a family of five: her parents and two younger brothers; Tayo and Bolaji Jalade. Her mother, Oluwatoyin Jalade née Amori Oguntade, worked at J.T Chanrai Nigeria, and her father, Oluwashola Jalade, worked at the YMCA and the Lagos Country Club. Omotola’s original ambition was to work in business management while awaiting her results from university, she began modeling to earn a living.
Omotola attended Chrisland School, Opebi (1981–1987), Oxford Children School (1987), Santos Layout, and Command Secondary Schoo,l Kaduna (1988–1993). She had a brief stint at Obafemi Awolowo University and completed her studies at Yaba College of Technology (1996–2004), where she studied Estate Management.
Omotola made her debut in the acting world in 1995 with the movie Venom of Justice and later with Mortal Inheritance. On a whole, she has featured in over 300 Nigerian movies.
Omotola’s venture into Nigerian movies was accidental. The actress who wanted a life in business management had accompanied a friend to an audition. On losing the role, her friend suggested that she goes for the role. And the rest is history.
Omotola has featured in top-rated Nigerian movies such as Ije co-starring Genevieve Nnaji. The movie literally became the launch of Cinematic movies in Nigeria.
Other blockbuster Nigerian movies she has featured in include Games Women Play, Blood Sisters, Last Flight to Abuja, amongst others.
Being much of a free spirit, Omotola has ventured into quite a number of interests. She released a couple of music albums with the recent ones featuring international stars like Bobby Valentino.
Speaking about her interest in music, Omotola said she has always loved singing but becoming an activist and started working with the U.N. World Food Programme, motivated her to launch her music career.
In 2012, the beautiful actress diverted a little from the usual Nigerian movies. She became one of the first entertainers in Nigeria to launch a reality show. Her reality show, Omotola: The Real Me is currently in its second season.
Omotola Jalade has made outstanding achievements in the entertainment industry; particularly with Nigerian movies. She has amassed well over 40 local and international awards.
- Omotola was the youngest person to win the THEMA (The Movie Awards) Best Actress in 1997.
- In 2005, she won the Best Supporting Actress during the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA).
- In 2013, she made it to Time magazine as one of 100 most influential people in the world alongside Michelle Obama and Kate Middleton.
- In 2014, the Nigerian government honored her with a national prestigious title. She was conferred a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR for her contributions to Nigerian cinema.
Omotola Jalade has been married for over 20 years. In 1996 she tied the knot with her spouse, Capt. Matthew Ekeinde. Together they have 4 children. Capt. Omotola Jalade’s four kids are; Princess Ekeinde (born. 1997), M.J Ekeinde (born. 1998), Meraiah Ekeinde (born. 2000), Michael Ekeinde (born. 2002)
Matthew Ekeinde is a renowned pilot and aviation personality who has worked for several Nigerian and international airlines. He has worked with Aero Contractors, AIC Airlines, Bellview, Sosoliso, Air Nigeria, Arik Air and is currently with Bristow Helicopters.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Fun Facts
- She lost her father at an early teen and is the only daughter among four brothers.
- Her road to stardom was by chance. She escorted a friend for a movie audition and ended up getting the role. But her mother was skeptical and didn’t like her daughter to become an actress. Finally, she gave in after a film director, joined by the entire movie crew, went to her house convince the older woman to allow her daughter to appear in the Venom of Justice movie.
- Omotola wishes to build a legacy in Nollywood so she is working to mount infrastructures which she called a “Village,” with studios and schools to improve the quality of movies in Nigeria.
- She’s the first Nigerian to start a reality TV show, Omotola: The Real Me.
- She became a United Nations WFP (World Food Programme) Ambassador in 2005, going to missions in Sierra- Leone and Liberia.
- The actress was named as one of the top 100 influential people in the world by Time Magazine, in the Icons category alongside other prominent people around the world.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Net Worth
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a Nigerian actress, singer, philanthropist, and former model with an estimated net worth of N400,000 million. Beyond her net worth, she is a brand ambassador to Scanfrost, Knorr, owned by Unilever, P&G alongside other brands.