Rita Dominic Biography & Net Worth
Make no mistake, Rita Dominic is the definition of a sexy African woman. The beautiful actress has graced our screens year in, year out and many of us grew up watching and admiring her. She has been in the industry for over 14 years and her energy is still fresh and renewed.
There is something really striking about her sparkling eyes, luscious lips, sultry voice and flawless skin that draws you her way and keeps you glued on-screen. She is a strong actress who understands her screen roles and carries them out with physical and emotional perfection. Off-screen she is widely respected and has a charming personality. She is mature, eloquent and fierce in her own rights and knows how to handle allegations thrown at her calmly. She has gone on strong, aging gracefully and she keeps inspiring her viewers in unimaginable ways.
Rita Dominic is considered a fashion icon in her own way. She graces events looking drop-dead gorgeous in attires that are to die for. She has been named the best dressed female award after award. Rita is stylish, elegant and classy.
Her fashion sense can always be noted and captured at events where she leaves the media creating headlines many weeks and months after. She likes to be and feel comfortable in whatever she is wearing. Her trademark is known to be her red lipstick which really complements her skin tone and texture so well. Her fashion mentor is her own late mother.
Rita Dominic Biography
Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic Nwaturuocha (born July 12, 1975) popularly known as Rita Dominic, is a multiple award-winning Nigerian actress born into the Royal Waturuocha family of Aboh Mbaise local government area in Imo State. She is the youngest of four siblings. Her late parents were medical practitioners; her father was a medical doctor and her mother a nursing officer. Rita Dominic attended the prestigious Federal Government College Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, before heading to the University of Port Harcourt, where she graduated with a BA (Honours) Degree in Theatre Arts in 1999.
Dominic started performing when she was a child, appearing in school plays and children’s television shows in Imo State. In 1998 she starred in her first movie, A Time to Kill. She won the City People Awards in 2004 as the Most Outstanding Actress. She has starred in over 100 Nollywood productions.
Today, she has walked home with numerous accolades, endorsements and awards as a result of her on-screen prowess which has only managed to grow better with time, just like wine. She also is into production and has co-produced many movies.
Rita Dominic Family, Marriage & Relationship
Throughout the years, Rita Dominic’s love life has been of so much interest to her fans. While it is apparent that the Imo State-born actress leads a very private and simple life, she has had her fair share of controversies surrounding her sexual preference.
In 2015, it was reported that the multiple award-winning actress was into a serious relationship with Michelle Dede, a German-born Nollywood actress, and Television host. Sometime in 2012, unverified sources also claimed that Rita was an old-time lesbian partner of veteran actress Genevive Nnaji.
Similarly, in 2014, Dominic hit the headlines for allegedly having an affair with Benin Republic actress Ella Martins. These reports turned out to be rumours and false, as Rita, herself, claimed that the rumours all started after she featured in the movies – Last Wedding and Girls Cot.
She admitted to playing her roles very well as a lesbian in the movies but denied that she is a lesbian.
Rita Dominic is one strong woman that has been able to withstand pressures from within and outside the circle of her friends and family. She believes women shouldn’t be forced into marriage just because they are aging or men are seriously knocking.
At the moment, the actress is not married but has played at several bride roles in Nollywood productions. At first, her role in one the movies sparked off rumours that she was getting married but her fans were left disappointed after they found out she was only acting a bride role.
Rita Dominic has no children of her own. Although she was reportedly involved with several men over the years among which Jim Iyke is said to be a one.
Rita Dominic Fun Facts
- Rita Dominic is fluent in Igbo, English and a little bit of Yoruba.
- She is known to be the best of friends with Thelma Ojiji, a fellow actress and Michelle Dede
- She dreams of going international and acting alongside fellow actors and actresses in Hollywood whom she admires and draws inspiration from.
- Beautiful actress Dominic has graced many magazine covers over the years.
- She ranks 4th in the list of top richest Nigerian actresses, having amassed an eye-popping fortune estimated to be around 950 million Naira.
- In her acting career, she has starred in more than 100 Nollywood productions.
- In the past, there were rumours about her involvement and engagement with many men including Jim Iyke and popular Nigerian footballer, Mikel Obi. But the reports turned out to be hearsay and fabricated stories.
- Rita’s friendly relationship with most Nigerian music artiste is one that deserves mention. She is dearly loved in the industry.
- She exercises for two hours daily to get stress relief. She attributes her attractive looks and well-contoured body to her exercising routines and proper dieting. The curvaceous actress is known to follow her regimens religiously and she takes a lot of care to keep her looks stunning. She goes to the spa to pamper herself very often and believes therapeutic body treatments and massages help to remove body toxins. She sure does look fine for her age.
- Her hobbies include reading, travelling, watching movies, singing and acting.
- She also loves to spend time with family and friends when she is not on shoots. She is a very private and shy person. For those who know her up close and personal, she is warm, cheerful, ever-smiling, caring and loving.
Rita Dominic Net Worth
Rita Dominic is a Nigerian actress and producer and one of Nollywood’s highest-earning and most sought after actors with an estimated net worth of N400 million