How to Get Free US Phone Number in Nigeria
Getting to own a USA phone number in Nigeria free of charge is not in any way difficult. As a matter of fact, it is somewhat very easy to get. Changing your phone to a USA number might raise suspicion but looking on the bright side, it has its pros and cons, with the benefits primarily translating to having your real phone number protected by not giving it out to just anyone.
Beyond that, it can also save your family and friends who are US residents extra on international call charges. Follow the below steps to change your number to look like a US phone number.
Steps to Get a US Phone Number in Nigeria
- Log on to callcentric.com
- Sign-up for a free account and click continue.
- CallCentric will send you a confirmation mail to verify your email address.
Note: You’ll need to put your original phone number and email while registering with CallCentric for you to be able to verify your account.
- To verify your email address, log on to your email account and look for the verification mail from callcentric.com
- Once you’ve verified the email address, provide your city and country code.
- Tick the “I agree to the terms and conditions” box and click “Sign me up.”
- CallCentric will now provide you with a virtual tour of their websites. Skip it and choose – “Go to My CallCentric.” The next screen will list your CallCentric # in the format “1777**” – copy that number to the clipboard.
Note: If you are somewhat confused, or if you want to, you can accept the tour but don’t leave the page without copying the number that begins with “1777**”
- Open a new browser tab and go to ipkall.com.
- Set the account type as SIP and paste the CallCentric number from the clipboard into the field that says ‘SIP Username’.
- The default area code for your local US phone number is 253 but you may choose a different one from the drop-down.
- Set the hostname as in.callcentric.com and choose.
- Then set the email as the same email address and password that you used while setting up your CallCentric account.
- In about 60 seconds, an email from ipkall.com should drop in your inbox with your new local phone number. Keep the email handy as you’ll need it while configuring the SIP client.
Note: Your new number cannot work yet but don’t panic, we just need to activate it.
- For the activation, download and install Express Talk on your computer (The trial version is good enough).
Note: Make sure that you don’t install any of the “optional components” like toolbars, etc. during the setup.
- During the installation, choose the default options for all the wizard screens.
- When you are on “SIP Setup,” choose “Yes, I already have a SIP account” and click Next.
- Then fill in the SIP details as in as you did on ipkall website.
- Finish the setup and you can close your browser tabs.
- That’s it!
Congratulations! You now successfully have a US phone number.